Here are some of the most common benefits that you can enjoy from alfalfa:
- It acts as a diuretic.
- It treats arthritis, diabetes, and dyspepsia.
- It cleanses the blood and detoxes the urinary tract.
- It eases general digestive problems.
- It protects against asthma.
- It functions as an antioxidant.
- It has a strong alkaline effect on the body.
- It gets rid of kidney stones.
- It aids in hydration and digestion.
- It improves the immune system and metabolic health.
- It improves complexion and treats hair loss and balding.
- It increases breast milk production.
- It lowers bad cholesterol levels.
- It promotes regular bowel movement.
- It purifies the liver.
- It reduces the incidence of atherosclerotic plaque.
- It regulates blood sugar levels.
- It relieves menopausal symptoms.
- It supports the pituitary gland.
Alfalfa microgreens are known as the “King of all Foods,” and contains numerous vitamins, minerals, and nutrients, such as:
- Folic acid
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
Alfalfa has been used for centuries. Traditional Chinese medicine incorporated alfalfa leaves to relieve ulcers and stimulate the appetite, while Indian Ayurvedic Medicine has used alfalfa to relieve arthritis, ulcers, and water retention. Colonial Americans used alfalfa to fight menstrual problems, scurvy, and urinary problems.
Alfalfa microgreens have a nutty and mild, pea-like flavor.
These microgreens have deep green leaves and stems.
Harvesting Alfalfa Microgreens
Time to Mature
The fast-growing varieties are typically ready for harvest in 10-15 days while the slow-growing varieties are ready in 16-25 days.
How to Harvest
Once you see the first true leaves begin to emerge, your alfalfa is ready to be harvested. Use scissors or a sharp knife to reduce damage to the plant and cut the microgreens when they have reached approximately 1/2″ to 2″ in height.
Alfalfa Microgreen Health Benefits
- atherosclerotic plaque
- blood detox
- blood sugar
- breast milk production
- hair loss
- Immune System
- kidney stones
- liver purification
- metabolic health
- pituitary gland
- urinary detox